http://robbies-angels.homepage24.de/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

4 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

r Re: NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

Post by Andrea_RW_Love Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:38 pm

OH My GOTT NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS - Page 8 760770
Andrea_RW_Love
Andrea_RW_Love
rob´s little angel
rob´s little angel

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-05-18

http://www.RW-Love.de.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Musicians welcome downloading reforms

The Music Managers Forum gave a cautious welcome to the concept of an annual charge, calling for extra work on the idea with a view to presenting detailed proposals to the industry.

Tim Clark, who manages Robbie Williams, said: "We believe the idea needs to be evaluated. It needs the buy-in of the industry at large, but it's an idea worth exploring." He said the attraction of an annual charge was its simplicity, but difficult questions of how the cash would be shared out had to be addressed.

Mr Clark added: "The threat the industry faces from file-sharing is huge. Albums made three or four years ago which you might confidently think would sell seven or eight million now only sell three million. That is a massive drop and it's continuing to drop. Digital sales aren't going up nearly enough to be replacement revenue."

the whole article:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/musicians-welcome-downloading-reforms-876793.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 3743
my feeling: : 1...2...3...angels for Rob
Registration date : 2007-10-26

https://robbiefanboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Suspicions” may make it sound as if the folk of Ilfracombe are celebrity-averse and grumbling about the prospect of Kate Moss wandering around the quay in hotpants. Not a bit of it. One estate agent enthusiastically passes on a rumour that Robbie Williams is interested in an apartment in a converted hotel project. Close by, in Appledore, the Jackson family have their high-profile rented barn. Nearby Braunton's claim to fame is that the song Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star was written there. For an area used to seeing itself described as quiet, obscure and even slightly depressed, this part of the Devon coast needs all the starriness it can get.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/article4389625.ece
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Just goes to show that although mobile is supposed to make the world smaller, people continue to act (and buy) locally. After all, Robbie Williams never could sell a record in the US no matter how many videos he made riding horseback in Montana. And has any reader from the UK ever bought a Hootie & The Blowfish album?

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/31030/COMMENT-A-strange-week-for-Sony-Ericsson
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 pm

IT'S ALL OVER NOW
ROLLING STONES QUIT EMI FOR UNIVERSAL'S POLYDOR

In another black eye for Guy Hands' EMI, The Rolling Stones are bolting their label of 20 years for Universal Music Group.

The multi-year album deal with Universal's UK-based Polydor label, which the music giant announced yesterday, beat out Live Nation in the bidding for The Stones' longer-term services.

The talks with Live Nation, which was believed to be pitching an all encompassing rights mega deal similar to those inked by Jay-Z and Madonna, were believed to be complicated by a shake-up inside the company that saw the exit of Chairman Michael Cohl, producer of the band's last five tours.

The touring giant could yet sign a touring and merchandising deal with the band, sources said. As part of the agreement, Universal also picks up the distribution rights to the band's lucrative post-1971 catalog, including classic albums like "Sticky Fingers," "Exile on Main Street" and "Some Girls."

Terms of the agreement weren't disclosed, but sources familiar with the situation said the deal is a two-album pact valued in excess of $15 million, including rights to the post-1971 catalog for the next five years.

The Stones' last deal with EMI, which expired earlier this year, was believed to be a five-year pact worth $28 million.

The band's shift to Universal was not unexpected. They inked a one-off pact with the label earlier this year to distribute the soundtrack to their concert film "Shine A Light" via Interscope Records in the US. Interscope also is expected to handle the Stones' new releases in the US.

The Stones' exit from EMI marks the latest big name to depart the struggling major label, joining the likes of Radiohead and Paul McCartney.

EMI also has been under fire from a number of artists and their managers, including Robbie Williams and Coldplay, for disarray in the wake of the sale of the company to Terra Firma, the UK private-equity firm headed by Guy Hands.

The Stones' last studio album for EMI, 2005's "A Bigger Bang," sold a paltry 543,000 copies in the US, according to Nielsen SoundScan. By contrast, the tour associated with that album grossed over $500 million in revenue, according to Billboard.

Universal will face its own challenges in motivating consumers to buy fresh material from the Stones.

The soundtrack to "Shine A Light," has sold just 106,000 copies in the US, according to Nielsen SoundScan, though soundtracks are notoriously skimpy sellers.

For Universal, the key to the deal will be wringing enough cash from digital downloads, licensing and repackaging of past hits to cover the costs of signing the band and the costs of the new albums, sources said.

Sales of the Rolling Stones' catalog remain soft relative to other major bands, and sources close to Universal see major opportunities to boost sales of the band's past hits and place more songs in film, TV and commercials.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07262008/business/its_all_over_now_121663.htm
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Ever since Robbie Williams signed his notorious £80m deal with EMI in return for handing over the profits from all his musical ventures - including touring and merchandising - the 360-degree deal has been the biggest buzzword in the record industry. But who does it actually benefit?

Live Nation has signed 360-degree deals with artists like Jay-Z, Madonna and Nickelback and many major labels now see the advent of these kind of deals as an opportunity to dip into every aspect of their artists' income in return for handling everything from promotion to touring.

In most cases they were already handling these areas, but weren't allowed to profit from their involvement. Tour support used to be the label's responsibility, as it was viewed as a way of promoting the record. These days, a label will ask for a major cut of the merchandise, instead of waiting for the band to recoupe through record sales.

For decades, artists have not seen any of the money from record sales - even if they've sold millions of albums - since that money has gone on paying back their advances, the cost of recording and the money spent on promotion and marketing. According to a manager on the board of the Music Managers Forum, Snow Patrol didn't recoup even though they sold 6m copies of their latest album, and so they didn't see any money from record sales. This is why artists have been relying on income from touring, merchandising and publishing (and why many artists who don't write insist on getting writing credits). But as the income from physical CD sales dwindles, the major labels now want a piece from those pies too.

This has come at a time when artists and their managers are realising that they can do a lot of what the record labels do, or outsource it to whoever is deemed best for the job. It makes you wonder who benefits the most from these 360-degree deals (unless - like Madonna and Jay-Z - the artist gets a massive advance).

So what's in it for the artists? Well, touring costs money, and an advance makes getting out on the road possible. If you don't have rich parents who can fund you, getting your hands on tour support money is essential. However, artists should think twice before surrendering large parts of their merchandising income to the label for what is, essentially, a rather small advance. Especially as bands now have more choices than ever before when it comes to signing a deal.

Traditionally, when an unsigned artist negotiated their first record deal they were rarely in a position of power. Even if they became successful, they'd often be stuck with very bad terms for a long time. We used to joke about how a record (or publishing) deal consists of three pages telling you how much you're going to get and the next 97 (or more) pages telling you why you're not going to get it. No wonder artists grew weary of record labels.

For this reason, some industry figures say we are now in the age of managers and venture capitalists. Bands can strike the best deal for them, in return for a sum of money. What they give away is up for negotiation.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/07/deal_or_no_deal.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Seven trained mystics testing out everything from "blind reads" (linking pieces of jewellery to anonymous audience members) to discovering "what goes on in the mind of an Australian Olympian". (Who cares? Frankly I'd be more interested to know What Goes On In the Mind of a Young Liberal, or What Goes On In the Mind of Gary Barlow from Take That Every Time He Sees Robbie Williams On the Telly, but clearly I'm not the target audience.) Cue one entirely dull hour of guesswork and 1003 opportunities to make bad uncle-type jokes about why any of them are even bothering to compete if they already know who's going to win and there you have it. The One. (Tuesdays, 7.30pm on Seven) mystery solved.

the whole article here:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/unhappy-medium/2008/07/23/1216492518241.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:48 pm

27 July 2008
ROBBIE WILLIAMS
By Alice Walker & Katie Hind

Bad news girls, hunky ROBBIE WILLIAMS will not be returning to the UK - ever. The former Take That singer, 34, is fed up of being sworn at by jealous blokes. The Robster, who lives in Los Angeles, told a pal: 'I'm just so sick and tired of men in the street calling me a w*****, it is all so unnecessary. It's because of all the stupid abuse that I will not be going back to Britain.'

eople.co.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:32 am

Robbie may feel The Power but Sid's gang rules

Phil Taylor is the greatest darts player of all time, but there is something troubling about him, says Martin Kelner
Martin Kelner
July 28, 2008 12:01 AM

Do you, like me, ever wonder what Phil Taylor and Robbie Williams get up to when the darts champ spends a week in the pop star's Los Angeles mansion, as he did after his recent win in the Las Vegas Desert Classic?

They might chew the fat about Port Vale for a short while, or reminisce about the great Staffordshire oatcakes of their youth, but beyond that, what? The former Take That member has been expressing an interest in UFO research of late - in much the same spirit as the Troggs' Reg Presley blew his royalties from Love Is All Around on investigating crop circles - but I do not see Phil having much to contribute in those areas of the semi-incredible. In fact, you get the impression Phil is so focused on what Sid Waddell, with his legendary gift for understatement, calls "tossing the tungsten" that there is not a lot of time left for what we commentators - without Sid's gifts - like to call "normal life".

It has worked for Phil, of course. He is a phenomenon, the greatest darts player the world has ever seen. But something about him still troubles me. There has been a lot of talk about Taylor not getting the recognition he deserves, either because darts is looked down on or because his triumphs have been more or less the exclusive province of satellite television. But I think maybe it also has a little to do with Phil himself.

Granted, my acquaintance with Taylor is entirely through television, but I find him a difficult character to warm to. After beating James Wade, for instance, in the Stan James World Matchplay Championship on Saturday Taylor either was, or affected to be, speechless, on the verge of tears. Sky's Dave Clark tried to coax a word or two out of the champ, but was forced to go to a break, the rictus grin still frozen on his face.

When Clarky did manage to coax The Power into the commentary box Taylor rewarded him with some barely coherent comments about how he had intended to dedicate his win to Robbie, but had changed his mind. He apologised for being overcome, but I was mystified by all the fuss, as these tournaments seem to come round with the regularity of Man City managers, albeit this one was held in the spiritual home of the working man's theatre, Blackpool.

Wade was gracious in defeat and paid due homage to The Power, but did hint at his older opponent's ability to steal an edge by manipulating the crowd into supporting his cause. Phil does seem a little more calculating than some of his peers on the circuit, although there was quite a lot of gamesmanship in the Winter Gardens, not least from Wayne Mardle in his epic quarter-final against Raymond van Barneveld.

Van Barneveld's efforts to maintain whatever is the Dutch equivalent of sang froid in the face of Mardle's histrionics - whooping and hollering after each 100-plus score - made brilliant television. Sweating more visibly than any man since the former US president Richard Nixon confronted by his collection of cassettes, Barney successfully slowed the pace of the game down, defying the baying mob, to suck the wind out of Mardle's sails and level the tie at 15-15. Appeals to the Blackpool crowd to keep quiet seemed about as likely to succeed as suggestions they might lay off fried food and lager.

Mardle eventually sneaked home. He had been 12-7 down at one stage, before winning eight legs in a row and putting himself in a seemingly unassailable position and then faltering as Van Barneveld staged his unlikely comeback. This match and others had all the drama you could want in a sporting contest and diverted me, I am afraid, from much of the other fine sport on last week ("So you won't be taking the piss out of the Tour de France this year, then?" asked one disappointed Screen Break fan).

The commentary, as always, veered between endearingly deranged and, in more serious moments, just mildly bonkers. The routine is: Sid sets the bar and the others try, with varying success, to reach it. When they do, the great man bestows acknowledgement. "We said he [Barney] would have to strike oil. Well, if he goes on like this he'll have to join Opec," said Dave Lanning. "Dave Lanning putting a great carbon mouthprint on proceedings," said Sid.

"He's rescued himself in a way the Royal National Lifeboat Institute on Blackpool beach would recognise," said Dave. "Well said, Dave," said Sid.

Lanning and Sid's other acolyte, John Gwynne, must bask in the sunshine of such approval, and, who knows, maybe Phil and Robbie relive such golden moments by the pool.

soure:the guradian
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:34 am

DARTS superstar Phil Taylor is ready to carrying on playing until he has won another £1MILLION!

Taylor, 47, was in tears after he won his ninth Stan James World Matchplay title in Blackpool on Saturday night, beating James Wade 18-9 in the final to win the 60,000 top prize – taking his earnings to over £260,000 in 2008.

But The Power - who dedicated his win to best pals Robbie Williams and Joe Longthorne – admits that he can’t see himself hanging up the arrows for at least another 10 YEARS.

He said: “I just can’t imagine getting up in the morning and not having anything to do. I love winning, it’s the greatest feeling of all.

“That’s why I got emotional after beating James. I wasn’t really crying, it was tears of joy really. I just love the Matchplay, I love winning in front of my home crowd.

“Of course the money is nice. The PDC have done an incredible job to make darts as big as it is now and perhaps it would be great to go and win another million before I quit.

“I can’t see me playing on until I’m 60 like John Lowe did but I have a contract with darts manufacturers Unicorn for another five years, so somewhere in between those two. It just depends how long I can carry on enjoying it.

“But it’s the buzz of winning matches that really keeps me going. James has been sensational this week and to beat him was extra special, especially after I was 7-4 down at one stage.”

Taylor, already a millionaire, admits that it’s been a soul-searching fight to get back to the top of the sport.

He said: “I feel a bit like Sly Stallone’s Rocky Balboa, I keep coming back for more after being knocked down.

“But I think that’s part of my up-bringing in Stoke-on-Trent. That’s why I dedicated my win to Robbie and Joe because they are from the same part of the world and we’ve all had our ups and downs.

“We’ve all been written off at some stage or other yet bounced back even better. It’s a sweet feeling.

“I stayed with Robbie in Los Angeles after the Las Vegas Desert Classic and told him if I won the Matchplay I’d dedicate it to him. But Joe came along and supported me so they’ll have to share the glory!”

soure:the sun
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 am

28/07/2008

MEN'S MAKE-UP TO HIT SHELVES FOR FIRST TIME

The first range of make-up just for men will go on sale on the high street next week. The Taxi Man range includes Manscara, mascara for men, and Guy-Liner, "for men with chunkier fingers to use". Superdrug, which launches the range on August 6, said sales of male grooming items had doubled since 2005. Men now spend £700million a year on trying to look good. Superdrug's Jeff Wemyss said: "Men are more obsessed with their appearance than ever." Celebrities Russell Brand, Alex Zane and Robbie Williams all admit using eyeliner. Taxi Man creator Peter Kelly said: "It's about subtle makeup rather than wanting to create the drag queen look."

mirror.uk.co
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm

By the time the singer’s minders had arrived, her fear had morphed into pity and she told them to back off her weeping visitor.

Despite her security being desperate to call the police, Kylie ordered them to put away their walkie-talkies and give him some time – as he reminded her of Robbie Williams, 34.

We’re not sure if this means the stalker was muttering to himself about the presence of life on other planets, or that he’s a slightly porky nut job with a love of Port Vale Football Club.

Either way, we’re not sure it’s the right thing to be saying to a man who’s broken into your room and is now blubbing into your wig.

Amazingly, even being compared to the alien-botherer didn’t temper the man’s love for Kylie, and he went peacefully after she posed for a photo with him.

the full article your can read here:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/goss/view/45475/Kylie-s-hair-raising-stalker/
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Der krisengeschüttelte Musikkonzern EMI verliert nach Paul McCartney und Radiohead mit den Rolling Stones jetzt weitere Superstars. Robbie Williams und Coldplay wollen EMI ebenfalls verlassen.
Robbie Williams machte mit seinem "Streik" bereits Anfang des Jahres auf seine Unzufriedenheit mit dem englischen Musikunternehmen EMI aufmerksam, er wollte sein neues Album zunächst nicht bei der Plattenfirma veröffentlichten.
http://www.poplexikon.com/news/

The crisis-vibrated music company EMI loses now after Paul McCartney and Radiohead the Rolling Stones. Robbie Williams and Coldplay want to leave EMI.
Robbie Williams drew the attention with his “strike” already at the beginning of the year , he don't want to bring out a new album with the company for the next time.
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Back once again for Soccer Aid 2008, you can now get your hands on England v Rest of the World tickets for Sunday 7th September. With plenty of celebrities and ex professional players teaming up for what is set to be a fantastic game of footy, England v Rest of the World tickets are sure to sell out soon.

Legends from days of footballing yore mix with TV presenters and comedians in the game of England v Rest of the World for Soccer Aid this year. With England having trounced the Rest of the World back at Old Trafford in the last Soccer Aid, Gordon Ramsay's team will be keen to prove that they can still be winners as they venture out onto the turf at Wembley Stadium. And as all proceeds from the England v Rest of the World tickets go towards UNICEF, there is no better reason to enjoy a day of classic footballing antics from these famous players.

England has lost captain Robbie Williams due to injury, so it will be down to manager Harry Redknapp to pick a new leader for his team. Playing on the England side in Soccer Aid 2008 are the likes of Jamie Redknapp and Alan Shearer, and Kyran Bracken, Ben Shephard, Gareth Gates, Jamie Theakston and Jonathan Wilkes.

And if you are buying England v Rest of the World tickets to support the other side, you'll be pleased to know that skipper Gordon Ramsay is back once again, with manager Kenny Dalglish, Nicky Byrne, Alastair Campbell, Patrick Kielty, Brian Lara, Jesse Metcalfe, and Peter Schmeichel all out to stop England from scoring those goals.

Each of the squads in this year's Soccer Aid match has eleven celebrities and five world cup footballers who will be lending their expert skills to the eager amateurs. With only one week to train and bond as a team, England v Rest of the World tickets are the only way to see who comes out on top on the day. Jumpers for goalposts, goals hitting the back of the net, and at the end of the day, its a game of two halves.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/england-v-rest-of-the-world-tickets-article-7120.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 pm

As well as sites packed with her pictures, there are also plenty talking about her "romance" with former Take That star Robbie Williams.
Dozens claim she was once in a relationship with the singer - but Nikkala says it's all rubbish.
The rumours make me laugh too. I really don't know where the stories come from," she says.

"Somebody says something and then it gets blown out of all proportion and ends up in all the papers and across the web.

"I have met Robbie a few times but we were never a couple, just friends."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1479184.ece
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Tim Burgess was full of praise for his party pal Mark Ronson at the weekend.

The Charlatans frontman - who performed at Ben And Jerry's Sundae festival on London's Clapham Common this weekend - revealed he is a huge fan of the British-born New York music producer and was going to celebrate the end of his UK tour.

Tim said: "He did a song by The Charlatans on his album, he did The Only One I Know on his album, and every time he's played in England and I've been around I've actually got up and sang the song. This is the final night of playing this album in Britain, so I'm gonna go and celebrate his final night."

The 41-year-old indie singer also said he was very flattered the 32-year-old DJ had covered his song.

Tim said: "It is a privilege. I've always supported it because he sent me the version with Robbie Williams singing it before his album actually came out, so I mean I approved it."
http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=79157
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Yesterday, the company's director of trading Jeff Wemyss insisted that its cosmetics - branded Taxi Man - are not just for transvestites.

He said: "These days you can be macho and wear make-up. If you look at people like Russell Brand and Robbie Williams, they both wear make-up and they are both very red-blooded men.

'Men are more obsessed with their appearance than ever before. There is no longer any pain in being seen to be vain.'

He added: 'We believe there is a real market for cosmetic products. The majority of our customers are women and we believe that these products will be bought by women for their partners, as well as by men themselves.'

the full article:
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1039275/Introducing-Guy-liner-Manscara--new-metrosexual-make-just-men.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Abi Titmuss, the ex-girlfriend of disgraced former Blue Peter presenter John Leslie, has made a career of her saucy image

And yesterday she was in Glasgow for a signing session to promote her new book The Secret Diaries of Abigail Titmuss.

The 32-year-old described it as a kiss-and-tell book, detailing the men she has had relationships with, including singer Robbie Williams and comedian David Walliams.

Around 30 fans were waiting for her to autograph their copies at the Borders bookstore on Buchanan Street.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk/

* I have never heard about that woman *
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Published Date: 31 July 2008
By Paul Robinson
Primal Scream, The Last Shadow Puppets and Goldfrapp are just some of the big names beating a path to the door of Leeds's newest live music venue.
The Leeds Academy is not due to open until early October – but more than 25 gigs have already been lined up for its 2,300-capacity main hall between then and the end of the year.

The venue is on the Cookridge Street site once occupied by the Town & Country Club.

Other acts to have confirmed concerts include Elbow, The Streets, MGMT, Scouting For Girls, Feeder, Pendulum, Billy Bragg, Mercury Rev and Hot Chip.

Reformed indie heroes James and their Leeds United-supporting frontman Tim Booth, meanwhile, are taking a trip down memory lane with a show on December 11.

The gig comes almost 16 years to the day since the band – then riding high thanks to hits like Sit Down and Come Home – appeared at the old Town & Country.

Popularly known as 'the T&C', it closed in 2000 before re-opening as the Creation nightclub.

After Creation shut in early 2007, the site was taken over by the London-based Academy Music Group (AMG).

It operates a chain of Academy-branded live music and club venues in cities such as Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle and Liverpool. John Northcote, AMG's chief executive officer, said he was delighted with the number and quality of the acts the company's latest venture was attracting.

Speaking as work continued on a £4.5m revamp of the 120-year-old Leeds building, he told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "It's always exciting to develop a venue with such history.

"We will keep the grandeur of its former years, but add up-to-the-minute production values and new technology, with outstanding artist and customer facilities."

Acts who played the T&C include Robbie Williams, Blur and The Stone Roses.

* For more details on the concert schedule, visit: www.leeds-academy.co.uk website or call 0844 477 2000.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:42 pm

The social stigma attached to a tattoo is disappearing, say the organisers of a major convention.

As celebrities like David Beckham show off their body art, the popularity of the once-maligned tattoo increases.

The Tattoo Jam, organised by Skin Deep magazine at Venue Cymru in Llandudno, brings together about 150 tattooists from more than 20 different countries.

Skin Deep editor Neil Dalleywater said celebrity culture played a part in the increased demand for tattoos.

"You do tend to see a lot more ink on pop stars and film stars in the media," he said.

"The social stigma of tattoos is breaking down although you still come across it in places but it's becoming far more socially acceptable.

"Things have changed really with the technological advances and the artists have really come on."

The list of famous people having them is a long one, notably pop star Robbie Williams and footballer David Beckham.

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney was recently reported to have had a tattoo featuring the name of the south Wales band Stereophonics.
He is said to be a big fan of the band and had the title of their third album, Just Enough Education to Perform, put on his arm.

Their popularity among women is also growing, again fuelled by celebrities such as film star Angelina Jolie and pop star Amy Winehouse.

"People are realising you don't have to just have a swallow or an anchor, you can have beautiful fine art," said Mr Dalleywater.

"The limit for tattoos is your own imagination."

Several Welsh tattooists are taking part in the three-day convention alongside others from as far afield as New Zealand and Singapore.

"The number of studios in Wales is phenomenal for the size of the country," said Mr Dalleywater.

"Every month I hear of another studio opening up in Wales, more so in south Wales though I don't know why."

Tattoo trends change, but Welsh dragons and the Welsh flag continue to be popular.

"I would say that the tattoo du jour is stars but I don't quite know the significance," said Mr Dalleywater.

"A while ago, it was Celtic work which was very popular in Wales.

"You see a lot of Welsh flags and Welsh dragons. The Welsh are very patriotic, aren't they?"

But while tattoos may be more popular than ever, some things never change.

"It's still painful!" he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7537416.stm
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:00 am

WHAT’S the difference between Oasis, Robbie Williams, the former Soviet Union and Jo Frost? Only the latter has managed to conquer America.

Aug 2 2008 by Jade Wright, Liverpool Echo

Supernanny transferred to America in 2005, and was an instant success, gaining an audience of more than 7.5million. As anybody who’s caught previous editions of the US show will tell you, she hasn’t needed to tamper with her approach to discipline or dealing with youngsters and their mums and dads either.

Says Jo: “What I did notice is the Americans have a very high regard for the British nanny, and the standards and etiquette we have added to which, of course, they love the accent.”

Thankfully, C4 are continuing to broadcast Jo’s latest Stateside series. Here’s a chance to see her getting to grips with yet another troublesome clan.

THERE’S an old saying for authors: write what you know. Jimmy Perry proved he wasn’t a ‘stupid boy’ when he did just that and, along with writing partner David Croft, turned his World War II Home Guard experiences into Dad’s Army.

“We wrote the show together and it became this huge success,” says Perry, with a hint of surprise still in his voice.

“I always thought it was a good idea but it totally overwhelmed us. I think the secret was that everything was right. It was one of those rare things. The cast was right, the time and the subject was right.”

Sadly, only five of the main cast are still with us today. They were reunited for a celebration recently and will no doubt have a few memories to share.

WHEN you think of the Women’s Institute, images of cake sales, community drama projects and snowy-haired ladies campaigning about local issues might be the first things that come to mind.

If you know a bit more about what they do, you might also think of their fight against climate change and food waste, and their campaign to end violence towards women.

What you probably won’t associate the WI with is a quest to reform the country’s prostitution laws. This first instalment in the new female-led G-Spot documentary strand, which investigates a range of topical issues relevant to women, sees journalist Nicky Taylor examine the work of the Hampshire WI.

Their ultimate aim is to raise awareness about the vulnerability of sex workers in the UK, and have laws put in place to protect them.

soure: Liverpool Echo
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:01 am

UK singing sensation Robbie Williams, who oddly could never make it big over here, is also signed to EMI, and he likened the new label ownership to a “plantation manager.” Yikes! The Stones' move means Sir Mick collects both his pension book and a handsome new deal with Universal Music's Doug Morris, a man of serious distinction and taste. The band’s official soundtrack to the Martin Scorsese’s documentary on the band, “Shine a Light” was distributed by Universal.

soure: the improper
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Robbie pain

Well!!! It looks like a lot of Robbie fans are not happy that they will not get to see a public appearance by him at Soccer Aid.
I spoke to Marika from the Italian Rob website, who is just one person who is upset, and she told me I could publish this open letter from her about her disappointment.

"...A message for ROB.
This is the first time I post a message for you.
I hope you will read it and understand my disappointment.
Do you know Cannavaro (a famous Italian football player)?
He had a serious injury right before Euro 2008 but he wanted to be with his team anyway, even if on the bench and with crutches.
So what is your problem?
You could do the same, even if actually I can't believe you are not able to run for a few minutes in a field, even if you have an injured knee - as you recently played golf in LA.
I saw you last august in Santa Monica and you had a problem with your knee as well, but it didn’t seem to be important by that time, you played football as usually.
It is a shame that the UNICEF Ambassador will not be present at the event!
I think they could sell more tickets if your presence is assured, even if you don’t play.
Sorry Rob, but I really think you should change your mind or find a better justification for your fans, who deserve a little more consideration…"

Rob – if you’re reading – what do you say? Tell us all via the messageboard link above!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/articles/2006/04/07/robbie_news_new_page_feature.shtml

* I think the most of the fans are totally agree *
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Getting ready to Take That and party ... with Robbie

15:26 - 03-August-2008

YOU never thought it would happen: Robbie Williams will join Take That on stage at a 'Brit' awards show in Tavistock.

But, steady now, it's a Robbie lookalike and a Take That tribute at a mock-up of the Brits at the Wharf. Also on the bill at The Brit Awards – a Tribute, will be acts mimicking rock heroes Oasis and Bon Jovi.

The two-hour show, which closely follows the Brits format, will see 'Liam Gallagher' given a lifetime achievement award before belting out crowd rousing Oasis hits including Wonderwall.

Then 'Jon Bon Jovi' will receive a best international act gong, before entertaining with a medley of Bon Jovi classics.

But what is being described by entertainment and media agency Rock Chicken Artistes as the 'highlight of this stunning show' is the reunion 'the world thought would never happen' – Take That and Robbie Williams.

Tribute Totally Take That will collect a best band honour, just like the newly reformed boy band did following the success of comeback album Beautiful World.

Robbie will then 'win' the best male award and bring the show to a close with 45-minutes of hits including Angels and Let Me Entertain You.

Ellie Hopton, who runs Rock Chicken, said: “It was a coup for my company to be invited to work with this show, especially as I've actually been to the real Brit Awards at Earl's Court.

“Recreating it like this seems a fun way of getting great tributes working alongside each other – the Take That and Robbie reunion always raises the roof.

“With the credit crunch hitting some venues, I'm finding the level of booking inquiries high. The ticket cost for four acts is the same as you'd expect to pay for one.”

The gig is at the Wharf on Thursday, August 28, and doubles as a fundraiser for Derriford Hospital's Chestnut Appeal. Prizes ranging from theatre and gig tickets to CDs and DVD vouchers, club memberships and fashion and surfing store vouchers, can be won on the night.

Rock Chicken raised more than £1,000 for the charity at its launch showcase in April.

Tickets, costing £10 in advance, are available from the Wharf on 01822 611166.

To book the show for a venue, hotel or corporate event contact Ellie on: 01752 216188 or ellie@rockchicken.co.uk.

soure:plymouth.co.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:02 pm

All Angels & the RTE Concert Orchestra National Concert Hall

THE weekend brought another in the RTECO's 'Signature Series', this time focussing on the nubile songsters, All Angels.

The four British singers still in their late teens -- Melanie Nakhla, Charlotte Ritchie, Laura Wright and Daisy Chute (all pictured right) -- take turns at introducing their programme.

This covers a variety of styles among them operatic duos, expanded to foursomes, by Mozart, Offenbach and Delibes. In his 'Flower Duet' (Lakme), which presumably is sung in French, doubtful diction makes it indecipherable. Still the pleasant-sounding voices blend engagingly together.

There are some intriguing arrangements, not least Elgar's solemn 'Nimrod' in the guise of the hymn 'Sancte Deus' and Pachelbel's celebrated canon, set to extracts from the 'Salve Regina', but the Angels sound strained above the orchestra.

Faure's 'In Paradisum' (Requiem) is too heavy to waft delicately into space but John Brunning's 'Pie Jesu', written for them, and the a cappella spiritual 'Steal Away to Jesus', draw alluring harmonic sketches.

From All Angels 'popular' repertoire comes the Prince/Sinead O'Connor classic 'Nothing Compares 2 U'.

Among other items, 'Angels', from Robbie Williams' first solo album, finds articulation again rather loose although a schmaltzy 'ooh and aah' sequence bills and coos engagingly.

All Angels bow out officially with Schubert's 'Ave Maria' but the ethereal quality of the original is lacking and, like some of what precedes it, remains more earthbound than heavenly.

Under David Brophy the orchestra accompanies gallantly and gives the angelic quartet respite by way of precise Mendelssohn and Mozart and meandering Delius and Legrand.

- Pat O'Kelly @ independent.ie
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down