http://robbies-angels.homepage24.de/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

4 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

r Re: NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Lollapalooza Day 3: Kanye West, Nine Inch Nails and another attendance record

7:40 p.m.: U.K. producer of the moment Mark Ronson doesn’t just conjure new-soul tracks for the likes of Amy Winehouse, Adele and Robbie Williams. He performs, too, but I prefer him behind the mixing board; only a typically agitated cameo by rapper Rhymefest ruffles anyone’s feathers.

soure:chicagotribute.com
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 3743
my feeling: : 1...2...3...angels for Rob
Registration date : 2007-10-26

https://robbiefanboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:23 pm

101 90's Hits - Five CDs of Classic Tunes!

Get ready to celebrate and reminisce one of the greatest decades of your life with 101 90s Hits! Back when The Big Breakfast Kick-started your day, Live & Kicking your weekend, when combats and the Union Jack were fashion must-haves, when Titanic still held box-office records and when Britney was hot…what better way to party like its 1999!!

The 101 phenomenon continues with 101 90s Hits, Five jam-packed CDs of 90s classics. With monster chart hits from pop hunks Robbie Williams, Five, Ricky Martin, George Michael and the mighty 90s boy band Take That, to girl power tracks from Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera, Louise, Tina Turner, Britney and Eternal. Not forgetting those infectious dance, pop and Britpop anthems from Olive, Chumbawamba, D:Ream, M People. Blur, Shampoo and Supergrass,

The perfect soundtrack to your summer and beyond…raise a glass to the 90s and party with 101 90s Hits…the definitive record for your collection.

CD1
Robbie Williams Millennium
Britney Spears Baby One More Time
Spice Girls Stop
Five Keep On Movin'
Steps Tragedy
Backstreet Boys Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
http://www.ilikemusic.com/pop/101_90s_Hits-5333
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Be Part Of Soccer Aid 2008
More on: Robbie Williams.com

Click Music would like to offer you the chance to be part of Soccer Aid 2008 which is set to be one of the biggest events this summer.

In 2006 an event took place called Soccer Aid which helped change the lives of thousands of the world’s poorest children. Over £2.6 million was raised to support the work of UNICEF.

Soccer Aid is back for another year as World Cup legends and top celebrities go head-to-head in an England versus The Rest of The World football match in aid of UNICEF and its partners.

This year Ant and Dec are hosting the event which takes place live on the hallowed turf of Wembley Stadium. A well known band, not yet announced, will be performing before the football match takes place.

Date: 7th September 2008
Time: 7.30pm
Venue: The Wembley Stadium
Price: Ticket prices range from ONLY £5.00 to £25.00.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is stepping up to manage England while legendary Scot Kenny Dalglish will take charge of the Rest of the World.

Gordon Ramsay returns to captain Rest of the World, but team England have a new skipper. Robbie Williams is passing on his captain’s armband, and the responsibility of deciding who will take his place is in the capable hands of manager Harry Redknapp.

As the originator of the Soccer Aid concept, Robbie is confident that again the match will be of huge benefit to UNICEF’s work around the world.

Robbie Williams says: "Being able to help so many people through Soccer Aid was one of the true highlights of my life. I’m gutted that this time round my knee isn’t up to it so unfortunately I’m out of the game. But I hope that everyone involved has the time of their life like I did, raises loads of money for UNICEF and that the best side wins.”

Each squad comprises eleven celebrities and five World Cup greats including Jesse Metcalfe, Gareth Gates, Alan Shearer and Teddy Sheringham. With less than a week for the players to train and bond before the big game, the pressure is on to get match fit and performance ready.

Last time round, England reigned victorious at Old Trafford. But on new turf with new teams, at the new Wembley Stadium, it’s a clean slate. With all players determined to score that winning goal and lift the prestigious Soccer Aid 2008 trophy, it’s anyone’s game.

All money generated from ticket sales will go to UNICEF. Soccer Aid is raising funds for UNICEF’s health, education and protection work with vulnerable children all over the world. For more information on how Soccer Aid will benefit UNICEF visit www.unicef.org.uk/socceraid.

http://www.clickmusic.com/articles/8754/Be-Part-Of-Soccer-Aid-2008.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 am

So, how charitable are our Soccer Aid celebs?

Soccer Aid is back and once again a gaggle of celebrities are preparing to fill their boots - sorry, I mean pull on their boots for charity. This event, heavily trailed on ITV, should raise a sizeable sum of money for UNICEF and for that at least it deserves credit.

But two years ago I highlighted the contradiction of this selfcongratulatory bash, where participants in the match were being quietly paid anything from £30,000 to over £100,000 (plus private chartered jet from Spain in one instance) for their 'charidee' appearances.

Now it's happening all over again as Soccer Aid returns to help starving children and publicity-hungry D-listers. So I decided to make a few inquiries. It turns out the programme makers Endemol have, indeed, been handed a tidy pot of ITV cash to pay everyone involved. But how much?

'We do not discuss individual contracts,' said an ITV spokesperson. 'All of the celebrities are taking part because they feel this is an important charity project.'

If they feel it's an important charity project, then why are they looking to be paid?

'Getting the best names possible means booking players who will require a fee,' ITV admitted. In light of that, you might be able to judge for yourself how strongly some of the celebrities involved feel about the charity project.

Looking down the teamsheets you wonder how anyone can seriously justify offering a financial reward to the likes of ex-spin doctor Alastair Campbell to appear at Wembley. He's not even box office in Burnley.

There is also Robbie Williams' special friend Jonathan Wilkes, Westlife's Nicky Byrne (to give him his full name) and some bloke called Jesse Metcalfe.

Due to a glaring gap in my celebrity education, I admit I had to resort to Google to identify Metcalfe. It revealed he is an actor from Desperate Housewives, who once sang Hey Jude on the Soap Sessions 3 CD and was even nominated for a Soap Opera Digest Award in 2000, only to tragically miss out on the big prize. Add Andi Peters to the squad and you'd have the full set.

Splashing the cash hasn't exactly landed wall-to-wall stars, then. That lot should be coughing up for the honour of trotting on to the famous pitch, instead of accepting a charity handout while they wait for the next series of Celebrity Masterchef.

Two years ago, on the night of Soccer Aid, I found the policemen and women on duty at Old Trafford had waived their overtime pay; that the stewards took no wages and the entire ITV commentary team donated their fees to charity.

Meanwhile, the players running about the pitch were filling up their bank accounts 'for UNICEF' and proving to be just as preoccupied with helping themselves as helping others. Payments are not made on Sports Relief, so why Sports Aid?

If you are asking the paying public to put their hands in their pockets in a difficult financial climate, then it seems reasonable to outline the basis on which their money is being sought. ITV should provide a proper audit and make Soccer Aid entirely transparent. Then we can pledge our donations to UNICEF via ITV safe in the knowledge there are no little secrets. After all, this isn't a private affair; it's a public charity event.

The broadcaster assures me they will make no profit from telephone donations, which is as it should be. But it's not as if the television industry has earned our unreserved faith when it comes to managing phone lines.

At least we can be reassured by the fact that the undeniably loveable duo Ant and Dec will be presenting Soccer Aid - oh, hang on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-1041606/Light-flame-lets-yngling.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 am

The next "friend" are ready to marry Wink

Mark Ronson to marry?

Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Mark Ronson and Daisy Lowe are set to marry.

The super-producer and model - who have been in a relationship for five months - are said to be besotted with one another and "so in love", despite the 13-year age gap.

Mark, 32, has hinted to friends a marriage is on the cards, saying he is "looking to make a big announcement around Christmas time".

Speaking about 19-year-old Daisy, he said: "I have had girlfriends in the past but not like this and she is 'The One'."

Daisy was equally as gushing about the DJ.

According to Britain's New! Magazine, she said: "He is a total lush, my best friend and I can't face life without him.

"You know when you have met 'The One'... well, I have, simple as that."

Mark - who has worked with a host of huge music stars, including Amy Winehouse, Robbie Williams and Lily Allen - recently admitted he was devastated not to be chosen to produce the new James Bond theme.

Mark - who was supposed to team up with Amy to record a song for latest 007 adventure 'Quantum of Solace' - said: "It's really disappointing, of course it is. But at the time Amy was going through some s**t, and now she's doing great, so who cares if we missed the Bond boat."

Alicia Keys and Jack White have now been chosen to record the theme song, 'Another Way to Die'.

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/celebrity
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Top celebrity fantasy partners: George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.

Others mentioned: Robbie Williams, Monica Bellucci, Richard Gere, Michael Buble, Pierce Brosnan, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis in “Die Hard,” Matthew Fox and Roger Federer.

soure:journalgazette.net
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Kimberly Lee has probably never heard of the Honourable Mr Justice Eady but the 65-year-old High Court judge may have just ended her career.

For the past seven years, the 25-year-old has been a celebrity kiss-and-tell girl, paid tens of thousands of pounds to reveal details about her explicit encounters with celebrities ranging from Eminem to Mike Tyson, Robbie Williams and Kenny Richey, the 43-year-old Scot who was set free in January after 21 years on America's death row.
Born and brought up in the small Scottish village of West Calder, West Lothian, Lee's kiss-and-tell career began at the age of 18 when she sold a story about a night of passion with Robbie Williams, for which she was paid £10,000.

She explains: "I was down in London at a show called the Pepsi Chart show and I got invited backstage to meet him. We got to talking and then I ended up going back to his hotel room. It was all a bit of a shock because I'd never met any celebrities before.

"It wasn't until a few days after I told my best friend and he said 'you should phone the tabloids'. I said I wasn't sure because I thought it probably wasn't a very nice thing to do. But he convinced me that I wouldn't be hurting anyone and I would get loads of money so I thought 'Why not?'"

She used the money to finance atrip to Hollywood where she met, slept with, and subsequently sold stories on a host of other celebrities. But while she doesn't mind the tag of kiss-and-tell girl, Lee insists she has never set out deliberately to sleep with celebrities in order to make money.

"I've never planned any of them," she says. "They all just sort of happened. I was in Hollywood looking for modelling and acting work and I just seemed to end up at the same parties as a lot of celebrities. A lot of girls get star-struck but I've never been like that so I always ended up going over and talking to them or having a drink with them. They key is to get evidence that you can show to the papers so I always get a picture or make sure we swap numbers. Apart from that it's just like a normal one-night stand only they are with celebrities."

the whole article: independent.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:37 pm

A SPONSORED bed push through the streets of Rotherham has helped fund a dream trip for an ill youngster to visit pop star Robbie Williams in America.
About 40 people, all in fancy dress, pushed an old hospital bed from Rotherham Rugby Club back to The Star Inn at Rawmarsh on Saturday and raised around £2,000.

The money will go to the Wish Upon A Star Foundation which aims to make the dreams come true for youngsters with life threatening illnesses.

One youngster the fundation is trying to help is a nine-year-old boy from Rawmarsh called Lee who suffers from Muscular Dystrophy.

Money from the bed push will go towards funding a proposed trip for Lee to visit his hero Robbie Williams in Los Angeles.

Proceeds will also go towards buying a Nintendo DS computer game for an ill youngster from Wath-upon-Dearne.

Fundraiser organiser Chris Thompson, 20, who runs the Star Inn, said: "It is a very worthy cause and we were happy to help out.

"It was good fun on the day as well, we stopped off in a number of pubs with collection buckets. We raised around £1200 on the day but this will be about £2000 once all the sponsorship is in.

"I want to say a thankyou to everyone who helped and gave money."

This was the fifth sponsored bed push after the annual tradition was started by the previous landlord of the Star Inn after he bought the bed at a bargain price.

Source - South Yorkshire Times
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Fire in the sky

Paging alien fancier Robbie Williams...the mother ship has come for you, mate.

nzherald.co.nz
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm

YOU have to hand it to BRIAN McFADDEN — at least he can laugh at his miserable attempts to become a footballer.

The chunky former WESTLIFE singer stepped out for Sydney FC as part of an Australian reality show, only to be met by loud boos and chants of: “You’re just a poor ROBBIE WILLIAMS” and “You’re just a . . . a fat RONAN KEATING.”

He says: “I thought I would try to impress the crowd.

“I went for the first ball, slipped and landed on my ar*e. Then as I tried to get up I slipped again. Ten minutes later I was really struggling, I could barely breathe.”

And he jokes that the put-downs could have been worse. “I could have been a poor Ronan Keating and a fat Robbie Williams.”

the sun
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea_RW_Love Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:46 pm

oh gott this is verwirrt
Andrea_RW_Love
Andrea_RW_Love
rob´s little angel
rob´s little angel

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-05-18

http://www.RW-Love.de.tl

Back to top Go down

Post by DROPSTAR Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Oje verwirrt
DROPSTAR
DROPSTAR
one of rob´s better people
one of rob´s better people

Female
Number of posts : 676
my feeling: : lalalala :)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Multi-award winning songwriter, producer, and multi-platinum artist Mark Ronson has extended his global co-publishing agreement with EMI Music Publishing.

The 32 year old, recently named Best Male Artist at this year's BRIT Awards has signed a new long-term deal with the company to represent his existing catalogue as well as future projects.

He has released two critically acclaimed albums in Here Comes The Fuzz (2003) and Version (2007), and established himself as an acclaimed artist and producer on both sides of the Atlantic. His songwriting credits include work for Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Christina Aguilera, Nas, Rhymefest and Nikka Costa, as well as material for his own projects.

He has produced music for the likes of the above as well as Robbie Williams, Estelle and Adele, while his work on Winehouse's Back To Black earned him the Grammy for Producer of the Year earlier this year. Ronson originally signed with EMI Music Publishing in January 2006.

EMI Music Publishing UK President Guy Moot commented, " Ronson is one of the most multi-talented creators working in the industry today. As well as being an accomplished producer and performer, his songwriting shows a rare ability to connect with music fans across a breadth of different genres. He's a very important part of the EMI Music Publishing family, and we're looking forward to working with him for many years to come."

Ronson said, "Guy and the team at EMI have been nothing but supportive of me throughout my career, always helping me to develop creatively and having the foresight to introduce me to artists such as Amy Winehouse and many others. I'm very happy to be able to continue my relationship with the company"

Mark Ronson has just completed a UK tour supporting Jay-Z, as well as numerous appearances at some of the world's biggest music festivals including Glastonbury and Coachella.

soure: businessofcinema.com
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Tara - who has been romantically linked to celebrities including Robbie Williams and Duncan James - also revealed she is currently single and is not looking for a new boyfriend.

She added: "I have a very good private life but I don't talk about it. I am living the life of a single girl and I love it. I'm not looking for a man. I'm very scared of getting into a relationship because it's like a new job and too much like hard work having to keep them happy.

"The minute I have to think of emotion I shut down. If you are a famous girl it's incredibly hard. Just ask Kylie Minogue!"

soure:myparkmagazine

* Robbie single...Tara single ... I say better nothing, but last socceraid rob has had a relationship with her Wink *
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm

"I was dumbstruck. I still can't believe nobody found my ball. You don't lose a ball at The Open, but then the next one hit somebody and went out of bounds.

"It was just so frustrating and it was horrific driving home that night, but I've had so many lovely letters and cards and there are lots of positives I can take from the week too.

"Even Robbie Williams (also from Stoke) tried to get in touch with me. He rang my old number, though, and when I was told he'd called I rang a number in Los Angeles and he wasn't in.

"It's great to know that somebody as famous as him was paying attention to what I was doing."

to read the whole article click here
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Noel: Took me ten minutes to write that...eight minutes.

(About the new Oasis drummer)

N: It's Zack on the drums, but now we got a new drummer (Chris Sharrock), I've known Chris for years, when Alan White got the boot by Liam, we actually offered it to Chris, I've known Chris for years, he's brilliant, no we don't audition, it's like you know the songs, can you do it? Can you put up with Liam's nonsense 7 hours in a row? Yep.

C: Zack is now Robbie Williams' drummer, a straight swap

N: Robbie's still officially on strike isn't he? From being brilliant

(laughs)

C: Can't believe you nicked Robbie's drummer!

N: He's just a session drummer, he's not Robbie's drummer

(About being drunk)

C: You're in a good mood today

from a interview with noel, when he was drunken

soure:http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2008/08/drunken-noel-gallagher-on-chris-moyles.html
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Take That: Huge in Europe, hardly known here, Take That blessed the world with Brit-brat Robbie Williams. Key song: “Pray, Relight My Fire, Babe”

soure and full article
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:58 pm

SOCCER AID 2008 SIGNS NEW PLAYERS

Singer Craig David, TV personality Angus Deayton, McFly’s Danny Jones, Harry Potter actor Tom Felton and actor Hugo Speer have just signed for team England in Soccer Aid 2008.

With Ant and Dec hosting, this year’s event, with England taking on the Rest of the World, takes place live on the hallowed turf of Wembley Stadium. Eleven celebrities and five legends make up each team, and all want to make it into the starting line up.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp will manage England and his squad includes football legends Jamie Redknapp, Alan Shearer and David Seaman, as well as celebrities including rugby and Dancing on Ice star Kyran Bracken, singer Craig David, TV presenter Angus Deayton, singer Gareth Gates, Mcfly singer Danny Jones, GMTV presenter Ben Shephard, actor Hugo Speer, TV and radio presenterJamie Theakston, and TV personality Jonathan Wilkes.

Meanwhile, legendary Scot Kenny Dalglish will take charge of the Rest of the World. His players include Westlife’s Nicky Byrne, former spindoctor and journalist Alastair Campbell, TV presenter Patrick Kielty, legendary cricketer Brian Lara, Sex and the City actor Gilles Marini and legendary goalie Peter Schmeichel.

Gordon Ramsay will captain Rest of the World, but team England have a new skipper. Robbie Williams is passing on his captain’s armband, and Harry Redknapp will be the man to decide who will take on this job.

As the originator of the Soccer Aid concept, Robbie is confident that again the match will be of huge benefit to UNICEF’s work around the world.

Robbie Williams says: “Being able to help so many people through Soccer Aid was one of the true highlights of my life. I’m gutted that this time round my knee isn’t up to it so unfortunately I’m out of the game. But I hope that everyone involved has the time of their life like I did, raises loads of money for UNICEF and that the best side wins.”

Tim Lovejoy and Louise Redknapp bring all the action from the sidelines while pundits and special studio guests will deliver their live analysis of the beautiful game.

The brainchild of UNICEF ambassador Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes, Soccer Aid, last held at Old Trafford in 2006, attracted a host of world class players and celebrities including Diego Maradona, David Ginola, Patrick Kielty, Gianfranco Zola, Paul Gascoigne and Jamie Redknapp. The all star match raised an impressive £2.6 million for UNICEF’s work with partners for children around the world.

Last time round, England reigned victorious at Old Trafford. But on new turf with new teams, at the new Wembley Stadium, it’s a clean slate.

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/soccer-aid-2008-signs-new-players/
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 pm

PARENTS should lock up their daughters this Friday – Robbie Williams is coming to town.
Actually, it's top tribute act Danny Lowry, so they should be OK.

The singer will join Totally Take That on stage for a reunion that fans may never witness in real life.

'I put together the Take That tribute band because demand is really high for that,' said Danny, who also manages the group.

'I thought, "Why not get four guys together, all singing and all dancing?". And their diary's now full.'

Danny, a full-time tribute act, has been entertaining audiences across the globe as Robbie Williams for five years.

'I used to be a normal singer in pubs and clubs and then a contract came up to sing in Ibiza but you had to be Robbie Williams,' the Manchester man said.

'I copied a few of his videos and auditioned in front of an agency and got it, so I did it for six months out there and I've been doing it ever since.

'I've performed everywhere from Dubai to Doncaster – wherever there's a demand for Robbie Williams, I'll be there.'

Danny, 28, has appeared on ITV and MTV, and this isn't his first visit to the Island.

He said: 'I've been over about three or four times and played in smaller venues – this is the largest one I'll have done on the Island.

'We've done a couple of reunions in the UK and it's great because we're getting both sets of fans. It's something that isn't going to happen in real life, so this is the closest thing.'

Despite getting his tattoos on and being Robbie Williams for a few nights a week, Danny doesn't yet share his lifestyle.

'I don't have lots of supermodels after me unfortunately, but I get a sneak preview if you like on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.

'I have his false tattoos. I get them off the internet – they're like the ones you used to get in bubblegum wrappers but a lot more expensive and they last for three or four days. They come off in the bath!'

Danny has never met the man himself, but thinks he'd be a bit sheepish if he ever did.

'I've performed in front of his mum at a hotel in Chester. She said it was very good and that she'd be letting Robbie know.

'It would be a bit embarrassing if I did meet him, I'd have to say "Hello, I pretend to be you for a living!".'

'I didn't used to be a Robbie fan, I was more into Oasis and stuff like that.

'But since I've started I think he's great – a fantastic performer and he's cheeky and in your face.'

As well as the reunion with Totally Take That, Danny will perform all of Robbie's greatest hits, from Angels to Rock DJ. The support act is Mark Walton, from Castletown.

The live acts will be followed by a Cave Reunion disco with David Cretney.

Proceeds from the event will go to Wish Upon a Dream, a charity that grants wishes for sick and terminally ill children in the Island.

Tickets are available for £20 from the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal, online at www.villagaiety.com or from the ticket hotline on 694555.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/what-where-when/Robbie-and-Take-That-acts.4390217.jp
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:52 am

The singer is the latest in a long line of EMI artists to speak out publicly about the label. Robbie Williams, the former Take That member, threatened to go on strike earlier this year.

Radiohead quit the label soon after Terra Firma's takeover, and The Rolling Stones defected to Universal earlier this summer.

Ms Allen is one of EMI's most bankable stars. Her debut album, Alright, Still, sold 1.7m copies.

An EMI spokesman said: "We are really excited by what we've heard and we are all now discussing a release date for the [second] album."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/08/19/cnemi119.xml
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:54 am

I'd hate to be mates with Robbie Williams

And then there is the sickening irresistibility of celebrity itself: the fact that, no matter how much you think you're oblivious to it, you end up mesmerised. The best description of the phenomenon is to be found in Feel, the biography of Robbie Williams by Chris Heath, who spent almost two years with his subject, and lists countless seemingly well-balanced individuals who attempted to form normal friendships with Robbie, but who invariably went crazy in the process of trying to do so - like Gollum with The Ring.

Perhaps the single most devastating statement on the subject, though, was uttered by Ted Beckham, Becks's dad, who recently remarked to the News of the World: “Believe it or not, I do get star-struck by my own son. It's a weird feeling. You think, ‘Oh it's my son', and then you think, ‘He's a superstar!'” If celebrity can warp even the parental bond, what chance have friendships got of surviving unscathed?

Especially when you have the additional problem of “too much perspective”. There's an analogy here to be made with illness. I once had a near-death experience (I contracted a brain parasite after eating a pork dish abroad), and when I recovered I told myself that I would never again be ungrateful for anything. I would live each day like it was my last, appreciate every person, every opportunity, every spreadsheet that came my way. But within a week I was kicking vending machines and whining about printer jams as usual.

The fact is, the longest anyone can sustain perspective is ten hours: we all have to moan about our day-to-day lives, whether we are vagrants or Shirley Bassey. The challenge for celebs is that when there's a non-celeb around, they feel obliged to put a lid on it. They can't complain about that less-than-perfect five-star hotel room or “only” getting £1 million for the next movie, because they risk being labelled spoilt or obscene in doing so.

But all privilege is relative; we're all better off than someone else. I imagine that it is quite irritating if you're not being paid as much as your co-star, or your suite at Claridges isn't quite up to scratch, and, actually, you should feel free to whine. This is why, eventually, most celebrities give up on normal mates and end up hanging out with each other.

On reflection, this celebrity apartheid is the best solution for all concerned. Everyone makes their way through life with a sneaking suspicion that other people are having a more glamorous and fun time, and celebrity mates are a constant and rather grating reminder that yes, they really are.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/sathnam_sanghera/article4559280.ece
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Take That polled Greatest Boy Band of all time

August 19th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI

Take That has been voted as the number one boy band of all times.

The band, comprising of Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and former member Robbie Williams, sold a whopping 30 million records, reformed in 2006 after splitting ten years earlier.

This has to be down to their amazing comeback, The Sun quoted a spokesperson for One poll. com , as saying.

The Beatles came second in the list followed by Jackson Five at the third place.

Westlife and Monkees rounded off the top five .

The Top Ten Greatest Boy Bands are:

1 Take That
2 Beatles
3 Jackson Five
4 Westlife
5 Monkees
6 Boyzone
7 Bee Gees
8 Backstreet Boys
9 New Kids on the Block
10 Osmonds

source: http://www. thaindian. com
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Craig David filling in for Robbie?
Be the first reader to comment on this story

Craig David has joined the Soccer Aid 2008 England Team.

The England Team's regular captain at the annual fundraising event, Robbie Williams, is taking a year off and manager Harry Redknapp will be choosing a new team captain.

Robbie - who created the celebrity fundraising event with his friend Jonathan Wilkes - said: "Being able to help so many people through Soccer Aid was one of the true highlights of my life. I'm gutted that this time round my knee isn't up to it so unfortunately I'm out of the game. But I hope that everyone involved has the time of their life like I did, raises loads of money for Unicef and that the best side wins."

Also signing up for the 2008 England squad are Angus Deayton, McFly's Danny Jones, Harry Potter actor Tom Felton and Full Monty star Hugo Speer. They will join football stars Jamie Redknapp, Alan Shearer and David Seaman, as well as celebrities including rugby and Dancing on Ice star Kyran Bracken, Gareth Gates, Ben Shephard, Jamie Theakston and Jonathan Wilkes.

Meanwhile, footballing legends Jaap Stam and Franco Baresi have confirmed they will play for the Rest of the World team, which will be captained by TV chef Gordon Ramsay.

The event will be hosted at the new Wembley Stadium by And and Dec.

http://thisisbath.co.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 pm

POP singer Lily Allen is turning into a Amy Winehouse after punching a passer-by after a drunken night out.

Lily, 23, who rose to prominence with the songs Smile and LDN and the acclaimed album Alright, was provoked but didn't seen to mind getting into a fight outside a nightclub in London.

For the full story, video of the fight and pictures click here

Also Lily, writing on her MySpace blog, criticised her record label EMI for delaying the release of her eagerly-awaited second album, Stuck on the Naughty Step.

"The album has been finished for a while now, I don't really know what's going on with it,'' writes Lily, who played the Big Day Out last year.

Lily is the latest of EMI artists to speak out about the label. Pop star Robbie Williams threatened to go on strike earlier this year. Radiohead quit EMI after it was taken over by Terra Firma, and The Rolling Stones defected to Universal earlier this winter.

soure:the daily telegraph
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 am

And the most irritating pop star is..

If you thought the former Beatle Paul McCartney's high drama divorce from Heather Mills was infuriating, a new online survey has gone one step further and voted him the "Most Irritating Pop star of All Time".

"It's easy for musicians to get very irritating very quickly," say the organisers of an international survey done by music guru, Musicmagpie.com.

"Sir Paul has driven people up the wall with his 'holier than thou' approach to his divorce, two-fingered peace gesture and penchant for wearing trainers with suits."

And if you're trying to remember what Penny Lane sounded like, or Band on the Run, Ebony and Ivory or that funny song about frogs or was it sheep, then there are a few more shocks on the irritation monitor.

The survey showed that James Blunt, soon to be on tour in South Africa, is in second slot.

Whether it's songs like You're Beautiful and Goodbye My Lover that earned him the title, is not quite clear.

Or could it be the odd things he does to promote his music, from being buried in the sand to jumping off a cliff? Before Blunt fans hit us over the head with a pile of CDs, the opinions contained in the survey are not our own.

Next to take a bow for irritating listeners is Lily Allen of Smile fame, who was voted into third place.

However it seems it wasn't her voice that was the problem but her chaotic life.

Fourth place went to Robbie Williams. Remember Tripping and Advertising Space and Intensive Care? If not, don't worry.

Rounding off the top five was none other than Amy Winehouse, hiccup, slurp, sniff. She sings well, those surveyed said, but what a shocker of a life! What's more, they said, she doesn't seem to care a jot about anyone else.

The next five to score big on the irritation level are: Bono, Sir Cliff Richard, Pete Doherty, Joss Stone and Craig David.

soure:http://capetimes.co.za
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down