http://robbies-angels.homepage24.de/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

4 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

r Re: NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 am

ROBBIE WILLIAMS’ mum had emergency heart surgery after medics found a diseased artery that could have killed her.

Jan, 67, went to doctors last Thursday suffering from chest pains.
Docs diagnosed the problem then immediately booked her in for a heart bypass op as a top priority — fearing the condition would prove FATAL if not treated quickly.

Jan was last night recovering well after Sunday’s four-and-a-half hour operation, and was able to speak to pop superstar Robbie, 34, by phone.
She is expected to spend at least five more days in the Alexandra Hospital near Stockport, Cheshire, but is due to leave the intensive care ward today, meaning she will be able to have visitors over Christmas.

Robbie’s sister Sally, 42, said: “We’ll be taking Christmas to her in hospital. Robbie has been speaking to mum every day, and called her this morning.

“He will see her as soon as he can get back from America. We’ll all have Christmas dinner together when Mum gets out of hospital.”

Sally added: “It was all very much a shock. They found the problem on Thursday and operated on Sunday. The disease of the artery was life threatening, but Mum is doing incredibly well.”

The Sun yesterday exclusively revealed news of Jan’s heart op, and told how devoted Robbie was praying for the woman said to have inspired his smash hit Angels.

the sun [/img]
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 3743
my feeling: : 1...2...3...angels for Rob
Registration date : 2007-10-26

https://robbiefanboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Breaking News
08:02 GOSSIP: Williams' vigil for motherview list
23/12/2008

Robbie Williams is reportedly holding a bedside vigil for his mother as she recovers from a major heart operation.

The singer is said to have flown back to his native Britain from his home in Los Angeles to be with his mother Jan, 67, before she underwent heart bypass surgery at a private hospital in Cheshire, England on Sunday..

Jan is believed to be in "critical but stable" condition in an intensive care ward following the procedure.

And the former Take That star is praying for his mother's quick recovery as he prepares to spend Christmas Day in the hospital with her.

A source told The Sun: "Like any patient who has undergone major heart surgery, Jan’s not out of the woods yet. She is in a critical but stable condition, but that’s normal for such a complex procedure.

"Jan was put in intensive care immediately after the operation, where she’ll be monitored extremely closely. She will almost certainly spend Christmas Day in hospital, but if all goes well she might be discharged by New Year. Robbie is desperate to make sure everything goes exactly to plan."

breaking news

the question is: is he in england or not???
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 pm

FORMER heart op patients have advised Jan Williams to keep active as she recovers from surgery.

The Sentinel reported yesterday how Jan – mum of pop star Robbie Williams – will be spending Christmas in hospital after undergoing bypass surgery on a life-threatening heart condition.

Jan went under the knife on Sunday, just days after doctors diagnosed her with a diseased artery, and she is now making a good recovery.

Former Port Vale director Geoff Wakefield knows what Jan is going through, having had triple bypass surgery himself in January.

He says he now feels better than he has done for 20 years, and he had a few words of advice for Jan at the beginning of her recovery.

Geoff, aged 68, of St Leonard's Avenue, Ipstones, said: "The absolutely crucial thing is to do exactly what the doctors and surgeons tell you to do.

"I know Jan and she's sensible enough to do that, but I was amazed to find out that some people don't bother.

"They tell you that you have to exercise, starting at about 100 yards and then building it up. It can be bloody murder. After walking 100 yards I felt like I'd just done a marathon on my hands and knees.

"But the surgeon and the senior registrar both told me that they can only do 50 per cent of the job, and so I've got to do the other 50 per cent.

"They weren't nasty about it, but you could see they were a bit perturbed that half of the people don't do as they're told, after undergoing such an intricate operation."

Former Great Britain athletics coach Jim Talbot had a five-artery bypass operation in October 2006, after suffering two heart attacks.

But that did not stop him returning to Northwood Stadium, where he is still involved in coaching youngsters at the age of 76.

He believes the secret to recovering from heart disease is to get on with your normal life as much as you can.

Jim, of Hill Top Crescent, Meir Heath, said: "My operation didn't go that well because I'd had two heart attacks before, and I've had all sorts of other health problems as well.

"But you can't dwell on it, because then life just isn't worth living.

"I'm just getting on with my life. I'm still coaching, and I love my athletes. I can't stop.

"I wasn't expecting to get through the operation, but I've had two years since then.

"I have a friend who's had a heart bypass operation, and they're fine.

"I'm sure Robbie Williams will look after his mum, so she just has to carry on with her life as it was before."

Jan, an alcohol abuse counsellor and Salvation Army fund-raiser, admitted herself into a private hospital last week complaining of chest pains.

Her daughter Sally Williams, of Keele, said she had been fortunate her mum's condition was diagnosed and treated so early, before it could deteriorate.

Jan will be spending the festive period in her hospital bed, but Sally said her family would be keeping her company.

the sentinal
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 pm

WILLIAMS CANCELS CHRISTMAS FOR SICK MUM

ROBBIE WILLIAMS has put Christmas on hold - he will celebrate the festive season when his mother is released from hospital following heart surgery.
The Angels hitmaker was shocked when mum Jan underwent a four-hour bypass operation in Cheshire, north England on Sunday (21Dec08) after doctors discovered a diseased artery.
He has been in touch with her by phone from his base in Los Angeles, and has decided to forego the usual festive celebrations until she is well enough to join the family.
Williams' sister Sally says, "We'll be taking Christmas to her in hospital.
Robbie has been speaking to mum every day... He will see her as soon as he can get back from America. We'll all have Christmas dinner
together when Mum gets out of hospital." Jan is expected to be released next week (begs29Dec08).

pr inside
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Robbie Williams' mum's emergency op

Print article Print article
Refer this article Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by bangshowbiz.com
2008-12-24 09:19:02 - Robbie Williams' mother Jan was forced to undergo emergency heart bypass surgery after doctors found a potentially fatal diseased artery when she complained of chest pains.

Robbie Williams' mother underwent emergency heart bypass surgery after doctors found a potentially fatal diseased artery. Counsellor Jan, 67, sought medical advice for chest pains last Thursday (18.12.08), and doctors diagnosed a condition which could have killed her if she didn't have an almost immediate operation. Jan is said to be in a "critical but stable" condition after the four-and-a-half hour procedure on Sunday (21.12.08). She is expected to spend a further five days in Manchester's Alexandra Hospital, but is due to leave the intensive care ward today (23.12.08) meaning she will be able to have visitors - including her 34-year-old son Robbie. Robbie's sister Sally, 42, says she and Robbie have been rallying around Jan since the diagnosis, and are doing everything they can to make her recovery as easy as possible over the festive period. She told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "We will be taking Christmas
to her in the hospital. Robbie has been speaking to mum every day, and called her this morning. He will see her as soon as he can. We will all have Christmas dinner together when mum gets out of hospital. "It was all very much a shock."
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Coldplay are giving fans a free remix of their number one single 'Viva La Vida'.

The band are offering the Thin White Duke remix of the song as a "Christmas pressie" through their official website.

The group have also uploaded a special video of 'Jingle Bells' being performed with Simon Pegg at London's O2 arena last week.

Heralding the cameo, Chris Martin joked: "In homage to Robbie Williams rejoining Take That, we're going to form our own supergroup. Ladies and gentlemen it's Simon Pegg!"

ds music news
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:37 pm

ROBBIE Williams's mum could be home by the weekend as she recovers from heart surgery, her family said last night.

Relatives said Jan Williams responded well to surgery carried out on Sunday at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire.

The alcohol abuse councillor went under the knife after she was diagnosed with a diseased artery.

She was last night recovering at a private hospital in Cheshire.

A family member said: "We are just happy it was discovered in time and she is going to be okay.

"It will take a long while to recover properly, but we are hoping she will be home by the weekend."

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Nephew's guitar strikes chord with star Robbie

Friday, December 26, 2008, 09:20

ROBBIE Williams's nephew came up with the perfect present for the man who really does have everything – a guitar in the shape of the singer's initials.

Eight-year-old Freddie Symonds presented Uncle Robbie with the beautiful hand-crafted pink RW guitar in time for Christmas Day.

It was built by Doug Wilkes, of Keele, a professional guitar-maker and technician who has toured with Pink Floyd.

Robbie's sister Sally, Freddie's mum, said: "I'm really thrilled with the guitar and I was amazed to find out that Doug lived almost on my doorstop.

"He's a really great guy and has a wealth of knowledge and expertise within his field.

"Rob was delighted with the guitar and I hope he gets a lot of pleasure from it.

"Maybe we'll see it on stage with him at a later date."

Mr Wilkes has now been asked by the family to build a copy of the RW guitar, but this time in green.

He was able to come up with the design after experimenting on a violin he was asked to make for renowned musician Jane Burgess, in the shape of her initials.

Mr Wilkes said: "I think I came up with the idea because I like sculpture and the instruments then become not only incredibly tactile, but almost like a personality in their own right.

"They also play brilliantly for a work of art.

"I transferred the same ideology to guitar-building, thus shaping guitars into RWs for Robbie Williams."

And when Robbie does pick up his new guitar on stage, it won't be the first time Mr Wilkes has seen one of his instruments used by a star to entertain the masses.

He has previously built guitars for the likes of Sting, Bananarama, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Genesis and Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour.

In fact, Pink Floyd were so impressed by his skills they asked him to join them as guitar technician on a world tour.

Mr Wilkes, aged 62, said: "Since I first started building instruments, I have always tried to put my personality into them.

"I have built quite a lot of quirky creations. Many people ask me to build instruments where the looks come first for them, but I still maintain a high level of build quality and always ensure that the playability is without equal."

The 62-year-old – who still tours with his own band, Hollywood Nites – first started building guitars in 1972.

He says he almost went into business with Richard Branson in the early 1980s, after the entrepreneur was impressed by his guitar-making, but he didn't want to see his work mass produced. He now makes one-off, bespoke instruments from a shed in his garden as a hobby.
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:31 pm

TEENAGERS on an educational trip to London got more than they bargained for when they ended up meeting celebrities and being filmed for TV.

The experience happened by accident when a group of teenagers and youth workers from Stoke-on-Trent City Council's Reach 4 It programme set off on a tour of the BBC buildings as part of a three-day residential course.

The group of 15 young people, aged 16 to 18, were asked to be in the audience for a special Christmas recording of Top Of The Pops, watching performances by Girls Aloud, Take That, Duffy and McFly.

The programme, presented by Fearne Cotton, aired on BBC 1 yesterday.

Zoe Holford aged 18, of Chell Heath, said: "It was a mad experience, especially because we weren't expecting it.

"It was even stranger because we went to a nearby shopping centre before we went on the BBC tour and met Ant, of Ant and Dec, who was just out doing his shopping.

"He was great, he had his picture taken with us and said he had just got back from the jungle, filming I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

"In Top Of The Pops, we were right on stage behind Fearne.

"The trip to London really opened my eyes and many in the group came back a lot more confident.

"I've never left Stoke-on-Trent and never been to a pop concert so it was amazing."

The star encounter comes just weeks after another group on the same project met ex-Take That member Robbie Williams on a visit to Burslem's most famous haunted pub, The Leopard.

Youth development worker Steve Winmill says meeting successful people from the area, seeing different areas of work and travelling to different cities widens the teenagers' horizons and allows them to aim higher.

The Reach 4 It project, a 10-week course, has seen more than 100 of the 130 young people that have taken part get into training, education or employment.

Mr Winmill said: "The idea is to take the young people out of their comfort zone, widen their horizons and give them something to aim for.

"We jumped at the chance to let them appear on Top Of The Pops and they were right in the centre of the action.

"The girls, especially, really enjoyed it.

"They were going crazy and it was really a chance of a lifetime for them.

"It was very special for them being able to watch themselves on TV on Christmas Day.

"I hope the experience convinced them anything is possible.

"They saw the other side of life and realised that the rules for life they know, like getting money by going on the dole and getting a house by having a baby, will not amount to anything.

"They came back with a renewed enthusiasm to make something of themselves and it was a real confidence boost."

Terrianne Simpkin, aged 17, of Chell Heath, said: "I love Take That and was screaming all the way through, it was one of the best days I can remember.

"Watching myself on TV was hilarious and made Christmas really special."

the sentinal
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Robbie Williams Won't Rejoin Take That Anytime Soon

Sunday, 28th December, 2008

Robbie Williams does not plan on rejoining his former band Take That anytime soon, say reports.

Although recent rumours have suggested the 'Angels' star will regroup with Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald, an insider now reveals that Williams is too busy working on his own solo material.

"Robbie told his dad Pete that he'll be pushing himself back in the limelight - talk of a reunion couldn't be further from the truth," the source tells the Sunday People. "He might have buried the hatchet with Gary Barlow but the only person Robbie is concerned about selling records next year is himself.
"

Rumours of a reunion started, as Robbie and Gary recently made amends and were even seen out together at a football match. Williams also posted a message on his official website, saying he would love to rejoin Take That.

source: http://angryape. com
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:56 pm

ROBBIE TO DUET WITH DUFFY?

28th December 2008

ROBBIE WILLIAMS is planning his pop comeback – and is hoping for a bit of help from DUFFY.

The Welsh songbird could duet with the Robster if record bosses EMI get their way.

They know Robbie benefited from doubling up with Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman on previous discs.

And they think a helping hand from the Mercy babe could be just the boost Rob’s comeback effort needs.

source: Daily Star
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Robbie Williams has decided to concentrate on his solo career rather than rejoining Take That, according to a report today.

The singer recently sparked rumours that a full reunion was on the cards by revealing that he would "love to be in the band again".

Meanwhile, Gary Barlow has confirmed that he expects Williams to make a comeback to the group eventually.

However, an insider told The People: "Robbie told his dad Pete that he'll be pushing himself back in the limelight - talk of a reunion couldn't be further from the truth.

"He might have buried the hatchet with Gary Barlow but the only person Robbie is concerned about selling records next year is himself!"

Williams has also been tipped to join X Factor's judging panel in recent weeks.
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:44 pm

28 December 2008
Blue must be kidding, Antony Costa
By Alice Walker & Katie Hind

Pop has-been ANTONY COSTA (remember him? Sadly we do) reckons he's going to reunite BLUE.

Ant, the ugly one who struggled with singing and dancing, says he's planning to get back with LEE RYAN and SIMON WEBBE - but not DUNCAN JAMES.

Ant, 27, said: "Everyone said Take That wouldn't work without Robbie Williams but they were so wrong. The fans want it and we're up for it. It could be Duncan's loss but we're planning something for the New Year."

poeple.uk
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:01 am

Close my Eyes is now on #7 in the Hot Billboard Dance Charts
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm

AS a boy, Paul McKenna dreamed of owning a Rolls-Royce and sipping a drink by the pool of his Hollywood mansion.

Now, thanks to a series of hit self-help books and DVDs and a £15million TV deal, he has achieved just that — and he admits with a laugh he is “living the dream”.

With celebrity pals including Robbie Williams, the Beckhams, Simon Cowell, Courtney Love and Ellen DeGeneres, Paul is the latest British star to move Stateside and bowl over the Americans.

“I thought, ‘Wow, I want that.’ And I do indeed now have that life, although I drive a Bentley instead! So I feel very blessed.

“I like to do a barbecue now and again for Brits in LA. There are so many of them — Jonny Lee Miller, Robbie, Simon. I hang out with so many great people.

“There have been a few fantastic boys’ nights out.

“But if I’m out with David and Russell, I feel like the little ugly guy. They do so well with the ladies that it’s intimidating.

the whole story on : thesun
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Robbie Williams' mother holiday

30 December 2008

Robbie Williams decorated his mother Jan's hospital room with Christmas decorations and ice sculptures after she was forced to spend the festive holiday in hospital following emergency heart surgery.

The former Take That star was reportedly so upset Jan, 67, had to spend the festive holiday in Manchester's Alexandra Hospital following emergency heart surgery he did everything he could to make her feel at home.

A source said: "Robbie hates that his mother was in hospital for Christmas. It has always been a real family affair for the Williams clan so it was horrible to have one spare place at the table.

"Robbie decided to take in Christmas decorations and a couple of ice sculptures to distract Jan and show her that he cares.
"

Following the emergency heart bypass earlier this month, Robbie's sister Sally, 42, revealed the family were planning to visit Jan as much as possible over Christmas.

She said: "We will be taking Christmas to her in the hospital. Robbie has been speaking to mum every day, and called her this morning. He will see her as soon as he can. We will all have Christmas dinner together when mum gets out of hospital.

"It was all very much a shock.
"

Jan was forced to have the operation after doctors discovered a potentially fatal disease artery in her heart.

source: Bang Showbiz
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:39 pm

It may be the dream of fans and Gary Barlow, but look away now if you’re still keen for Robbie Williams to team up with manband Take That again.
The 34 year old recently revealed that he’d love to rejoin the group at some point, but now a source at the band’s record label tells me that it’s not on their agenda at all.

“Look, the fans may want it and Gary and the boys may think they want it, but it wouldn’t be good for business and the long-term future of the band.”

But Gary, 37, told me, “I would welcome Robbie back with open arms. Our lives are better now than ever and we have missed him so much.” Watch this space!

New magazine
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Liam Gallagher's drummer drinking love

Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Liam Gallagher likes Oasis' drummer because he "drinks Stella".

The singer recently enjoyed a night out with the band's latest sticksman Chris Sharrock - who previously played with Liam's arch-rival Robbie Williams - and admits he was impressed by his drinking prowess.

Liam said: "It was cool when we went out the other night. Chris didn't chew me ear off, he let me speak. He drinks Stella and he's not a f***ing lightweight. He can handle his beverages and he can play the drums."

Liam - who is a self-confessed fan of the strong Belgian beer Stella Artois - insists he couldn't give a "f**k" that Chris previously drummed for Robbie.

The 'Shock of the Lightning' rocker - who has been feuding with the 'Angels'

singer since 2000 - added: "F**k the Robbie Williams thing. F**k Robbie.

Chris was the only thing that was good about that clown."

(C) BANG Media International
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 pm

ASKING a member of the Royal family to visit Stoke-on-Trent, trying to persuade Robbie Williams to perform in the Potteries and staging a Spitfire fly-past are just some of the ideas being put forward to celebrate the centenary of the six towns uniting.

Stoke-on-Trent City Council is planning to set up a committee to steer the celebrations in 2010 – 100 years after the towns came together in a federation.

Historian and Sentinel columnist Fred Hughes brought the centenary to the attention of the council and steps are now being taken to make sure it is celebrated in style.

Councillor Lee Wanger, from the Conservative and Independent Alliance group, told councillors at a Council Manager's Forum that the formation of a federation in 1910 was the first step in Stoke-on-Trent becoming a city, which happened in 1925.

"We can do anything. The sky's the limit," said Mr Wanger. "Every business, organisation or group in Stoke-on-Trent could contribute and benefit from the celebrations.

"We could have a whole variety of different things going on.

"There have been some small and quirky ideas such as a world record attempt at the biggest birthday cake, street parties and carnivals.

"We could light up public buildings such as Hanley Town Hall. We could design a centenary logo and put it on council notepaper.

"Let's try and put Stoke-on-Trent on the map.

"Could we tempt Robbie to come back and do a concert at Vale Park? Let's ask him.

"How about a Royal visit? We want people's ideas on how to celebrate this landmark.

"It won't happen again for another 100 years. Let's show the world Stoke-on-Trent."

Labour councillor Adrian Knapper, portfolio holder for economic development, said: "We need to celebrate the city's proud past and how we are transforming into a cosmopolitan city."

Councillor Brain Ward, deputy leader of the city independents, said: "I would like to see this as a city event, not a parochial six towns event."

Councillor Roger Ibbs, leader of the Conservative and Independent Alliance group and portfolio holder for children and young people's services, said: "We could re-enact the first council meeting in period dress. We will certainly take on the idea of working with the schools."

A steering committee is expected to be set up.

Interim council manager Chris Harman said: "There is definitely the will here, and where there is a will there is a way."

Historian Mr Hughes said: "I think this is one of the most important events in a century. I am so pleased that the councillors are supporting this. As a local historian I am looking forward to working with them as closely as possible."

robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Looks like Robbie Williams' much talked about reunion with Take That is taking a back seat.

Top Dutch DJ Sander van Doorn has collaborated with Robbie on his song We're The Pet Shop Boys to create a new version called Close My Eyes.

It will be out as a digital download from iTunes on January 4 - complete with a raunchy video.

mirror
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:20 pm

Robbie Williams not able to visit heart-bypass mum Jan until New Year

By 3am 23/12/2008

Robbie Williams's mum Jan is recovering from heart-bypass surgery and is facing Christmas in hospital - but her famous son won't be able to visit her until the new year.

Contrary to some reports, 34-year-old Robbie is not keeping a vigil at her bedside in a private room in a Cheshire hospital.
The star - who moves back to the UK from LA next week - has been at home packing up his possessions, although he's been in constant touch with his family over the phone since Jan, 67, was rushed in on Sunday.

His sister Sally tells us: "Mum is making an excellent recovery. She will be in over Christmas but we'll see her every day. We'll take Christmas to the hospital."

Get well soon, Jan...
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Robbie Williams to be comeback kid of 2009

By 3am 1/01/2009

We predict the comeback of the year for 2009 will be without doubt the one, the only Mr Robbie Williams.

And the man we have to thank for his highly anticipated return to the UK pop charts is Knight of the Realm Sir Tom Jones.

Robbie was planning to disappear into the ether forever, until the big Welshman had a heart-to-heart.

The Sexbomb took on the role of mentor to Robbie after he moved onto the same exclusive estate in Los Angeles.

And to help give him a shove in the right direction Tom even recorded a single with Rob for his new album.

Tom, who made a comeback of his own this year with 24 Hours, told us: "I give advice to some of the young bands if they ask me.

"With Robbie he asked me 'How do you keep going?

I’m starting to wonder about it whether its for me.
'

"It's because I love it I told him. But Robbie says sometimes he doesn’t.

"Sometimes he gets a bit down and said once 'sometimes I don’t feel like I’m any good'.

"I told him to just enjoy it, don’t worry about it and stop taking it so seriously.

source: The Mirror
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 pm

4 January 2009
TAKE THAT.. THE MOVIE
BAND TO TELL THEIR STORY IN BLOCKBUSTER
By Alice Walker & Katie Hind

Take That are to make a movie about their sensational career in pop.

The fab four were approached by film producers who want to tell the story of their career since they formed in 1990.

The story will feature GARY BARLOW, HOWARD DONALD, MARK OWEN and JASON ORANGE shooting to stardom and in their wilderness years as band members struggled to find solo success.
It is not known yet if ROBBIE WILLIAMS, 34, will join his former bandmates for the project.

A source told VIP: "The boys thought it would be a great idea.

"It is something they have thought about doing but never got the idea off of the ground. It is still supposed to be very hush-hush, though."

We can reveal that the band WON'T have starring roles themselves but will be involved in the casting and directing of the movie.

The story will begin in Manchester, when the five boys were signed up by music mogul NIGEL MARTIN SMITH.

They enjoyed quick success in 1991 with It Only Takes A Minute, which went to number seven in the British charts.

From there, Robbie, Gary, 37, Mark, 34, Jason, 38, and Howard, 40, went on to be household names.

The movie, which has already been tipped to be a huge blockbuster, will also show the in-fighting which saw Robbie quit in 1995.

It will feature the run-up to the rest of the band making the decision to call it a day just a year later after selling 30 million records.

Then comes the moment three years ago when they decided to reunite. The source told us: "The reunion will be the best bit. Take That have been huge since they got back together."

BUT WHO WILL PLAY THE FAB FIVE?

So who will play Take That in the movie? For Gary, we think there's only one contender - porky funnyman JAMES CORDEN. Both struggle with their weight. James's Gavin and Stacey co-star pal MATT HORNE could be Robbie. We reckon Howard bears an uncanny resemblance to Joseph star LEE MEAD - even if Lee is 15 years younger. Mark has to be BABY SMURF, with his squeaky voice. And Jason? We'd go for Emmerdale's RICHARD GRIEVE.
click here to print articlePrint article click here to email article to a friendEmail to a friend

people magazine
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:27 pm

DJ's plan to mix-up Robbie Williams' new album

Jan 4 2009 Edited By Billy Sloan And Mickey Mcmonagle

SUPERSTAR DJ Sander Van Doorn wants a bite at Robbie Williams' comeback album.

The Dutch beatsmaster could not believe his luck when Robbie gave him permission to use his vocals on dance track Close My Eyes and now hopes to land a production or remixing role on his next album.

Sander told Email: "I reworked We're The Pet Shop Boys from Robbie's Rudebox album and sent it to his management. It turned out Robbie was thrilled with it and was happy for me to release it. I'd love to work with Robbie in the studio some day."

Sander also has his eye on a few other big names.

He said: "Bands such as U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Coldplay have been huge influences for me.

Working with any of them would be unbelievable."

sundaymail
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by robs_falling_angel Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Robbie takes sound advice from Tom

Jan 4 2009 by Ben Glaze, Wales On Sunday

SIR TOM JONES has predicted a 2009 comeback for Robbie Williams – after giving the ex-Take That star secret pep talks on coping with fame.

The Voice, from Treforest, near Pontypridd, has even recorded a song with Robbie after mentoring the boyband singer following his move to the same exclusive estate in Los Angeles.

Tom said: “I give advice to some of the young bands if they ask me. With Robbie he asked me: ‘How do you keep going? I’m starting to wonder about it whether it’s for me’.

“‘It’s because I love it,’ I told him. But Robbie says sometimes he doesn’t.

“Sometimes he gets a bit down and said once, ‘Sometimes I don’t feel like I’m any good’.

“I told him to just enjoy it, don’t worry about it and stop taking it so seriously.”

Jones added: “You can’t be on every night. Sometimes you don’t get into it as much as you do other nights.

“But if you don’t enjoy it, you’re going to struggle and it’s like hard work, so don’t do it.

“The only time it has ever felt like work for me was when I used to do two shows a day in Las Vegas and I couldn’t drink alcohol.

“I thought, ‘This isn’t much fun.’ Now I do it at my own pace.”

Tom’s motivational boost seems to have worked wonders – Robbie is heading to the studio to put the finishing touches to his album at the end of the month.

Tom, who raps with Robbie on his new record, said: “I live just down the road from him so he said do you fancy coming over and recording some stuff with me.

“He’s got a portable recording studio in his bedroom so that’s where we did it.

“He was writing with some English mates of his.

“We did a song, he was rapping on it and I was singing on the chorus but I don’t know what he wants to do with it.”
robs_falling_angel
robs_falling_angel
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content